Managing and understanding your child's allergy


GP says

If you suspect you or your child may have a food allergy, it is very important to ask for a professional diagnosis from your GP, who may refer you to an allergy clinic.

Many parents mistakenly assume their child has a food allergy when in fact their symptoms are due to a completely different condition or a food intolerance. Mild allergies will respond to antihistamines from your pharmacist.

Source: NICE - Testing for food allergy in children and young people