Moorfields Eye Hospital - proposed site move - have your say
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is proposing to relocate all the services currently provided at Moorfields’ City Road site in Islington, London (along with the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Charity) to a brand new integrated, purpose-built site on the St Pancras hospital site in Camden, London, subject to public consultation. This proposal is called Oriel.
The Trust’s ability to provide modern, efficient and effective treatment pathways is compromised on the current site due to the physical limitations of the historic building in City Road. The buildings at City Road, some of which are over 125 years old, are impacting negatively on patients and their experience at the hospital.
A new integrated site would enable the design and development of a purpose-built building that could enhance and improve patients’ experience and staff satisfaction, and support integration of clinical care, research and education; facilitating the development of new practice, new technologies and new models of care, which in turn could improve outcomes for patients, attract and empower staff, and accelerate scientific research and discoveries. Additionally, the St Pancras hospital site could offer better access for patients travelling from outside London, and improved transport links across the capital.
There will be a full consultation later in the year, but if you want to share your views before then, you can take part in any of the discussion groups below:
To book your place at any of the below events, please visit www.moorfields.nhs.uk/oriel or contact Moorfields on 020 7521 4684.
- On 27 March 2019 from 11am – 12.30pm - Hemel Hempstead Central Library, The Forum, Marlowes, HP1 1DN
- On 28 March 2019 from 11am – 12.30pm and from 2.30pm – 4pm - Waterloo Action Centre 14 Baylis Road, SE1 7AA
- On 1 April 2019 from 2.30pm – 4pm and 6pm – 7.30pm - Dartford Football Club, Princes Park, Grassbanks, DA1 1RT
- On 2 April 2019 from 2.30pm – 4pm and 6pm – 7.30pm - Ealing Town Hall, New Broadway, W5 2BY
- On 3 April 2019 from 11am – 12.30pm - Milton Keynes Sensory Advice Resource Centre, 399 Silbury Boulevard, MK9 2AH
- On 3 April 2019 from 2.30pm – 4pm and 6pm – 7.30pm - Charlie Ratchford Centre Chalk Farm, Belmont Street, NW1 8HF
- On 4 April 2019 from 2.30pm – 4pm and 6pm – 7.30pm - Voluntary Action Islington, 200A Pentonville Road, N1 9JP
- On 9 April 2019 from 11am – 12.30pm and 6.30pm – 8pm - Carpenters and Docklands Centre, Stratford, 98 Gibbons Road, E15 2HU
You can find out more about the proposed change in the FAQ document here: Oriel FAQs (March 19).docx