Do you know your blood pressure? Free checks for Lambeth residents
You can now get your blood pressure checked in Lambeth for free at 20 pharmacies and opticians. Everyone should know their blood pressure.
Getting a blood pressure check done is easy and could save your life. If left untreated high blood pressure increases your risk of serious health problems.
More than one in four adults in the UK have high blood pressure. Most people won't realise this as high blood pressure or hypertension usually has no noticeable symptoms.
This is because it puts strain on blood vessels, heart and other organs such as kidneys, eyes and brain. Having persistent high blood pressure can increase the risk of developing potentially life-threatening conditions like heart failure, strokes, kidney disease and vascular dementia, so it's really important to have it checked. Find out more here.
The only way to find out if your blood pressure is high is to have your blood pressure checked.
In Lambeth, GP practices, Community Pharmacies and Opticians are working together and making it possible for you to get a free blood pressure check here:
- Boss pharmacy, 85 Bedford Road, London SW4 7RD, Tel 020 7326 7470
- Medirex pharmacy, 28-29 Wilcox Close South Lambeth, SW8 2UD, Tel 020 7622 2821
- Touchwood pharmacy, 240 Streatham High Road, SW16 1BB, Tel 020 8677 3145
- Hills pharmacy, 99 Kennington Lane, SE11 4HQ, Tel 020 7582 6344
- New park pharmacy, 85 New Park Road, Brixton, SW2 4ES, Tel 020 8674 6070
- Junction pharmacy, 182 Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, SE5 9QH, Tel 020 7274 7599
- Fairlee queenstown pharmacy, 26 Queenstown Road, Battersea, SW8 3RX, Tel 020 7622 9255
- Sefgrove chemist, 3-5 Westow Hill, SE19 1TQ, Tel 020 8670 5198
- Paterson heath & co Ltd, 143 Lambeth Walk, Kennington, SE11 6EE, Tel 020 7582 0990
- Phillips Pharmacy, 46 Poynders Road, SW4 8PN, Tel 020 8674 0645
- Jackson Chemist, 88 Streatham Hill, SW2 4RD, Tel 020 8674 6607
- Streatham Pharmacy, 93 to 95 Streatham Hill, SW2 4UD, Tel 020 8674 9201
- Pascoe Pharmacy, 235/237 Knights Hill, West Norwood, SE27 0QT, Tel 020 8670 2562
- Paxton Pharmacy, 127 Gipsy Hill, Upper Norwood, SE19 1QS, Tel 020 8670 1833
- Deejay Chemist, 154-156 Norwood Road, SE27 9AZ, Tel 020 8674 2455
- Banks optometrists, 8 Acre Lane Brixton, SW2 5SG, Tel 020 7274 4414
- Oval eyes, 8 Clapham Road, SW9 0J6, Tel 020 7820 0935
- Opticalise ophthalmic opticians, 33 Lower Marsh, SE1 7RG, Tel 020 7633 0680
- Monoptics Ltd, 11 Stockwell Road, Stockwell, SW9 9AU, Tel 020 7274 6636
- Specsavers Brixton Opticians, 492 Brixton Road, Brixton, SW9 8EQ, Tel 020 7738 5999
The criteria for having a free blood pressure check is that you:
- Are over 30
- Are registered with a Lambeth GP
- have had no previous blood pressure check in the past 6 months.
We are also supporting a number of events to offer a free blood pressure check.
These will be held at popular venues throughout the borough.
When you've had your check, you will be asked if you are happy for your information will be shared with your GP so you can get the best care possible. You will also be provided with healthy lifestyle advice and support at keeping blood pressure at a healthy level.
Pharmacists and opticians in Lambeth can find information on how to order supporting materials here: Ordering direct through the BHF.docx.