From 1 April 2020, this website will not be updated

For the latest local health and care information, visit
Information that has been held previously by NHS Bexley Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), NHS Bromley CCG, NHS Greenwich CCG, NHS Lambeth CCG, NHS Lewisham CCG and NHS Southwark CCG is transferring to the new CCG, NHS South East London CCG on 1st April 2020. The new CCG will become the new controller for the data held by the superseded organisations. For further information about how NHS SEL CCG processes personal data, please refer to the organisation’s privacy notices. If you have any further questions about the use of data by NHS SEL CCG, please contact:

​​​​Safeguarding adults

Safeguarding means protecting someone's right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. We work with patients, their families, carers and our partner organisations to enhance the wellbeing of adults who may be at risk, by ensuring that systems and processes are in place and that practice is monitored and developed in light of local and national guidelines.

Lambeth CCG are members of the Lambeth Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB).

The Lambeth Safeguarding Adults Board is a 'strategic lead body in Lambeth that is responsible for maintaining consistent, cohesive partnership working by coordinating local partnership arrangements, to safeguard adults at risk, from harm' (LSAB 2016).​

What constitutes abuse and neglect?

The Care Act (2014) lists the following types of abuse:

Physical Abuse
Domestic Violence
Sexual Abuse
Psychological Abuse
Financial Abuse
Modern Slavery
Discriminatory Abuse
Organisational Abuse
Neglect and acts of omission

Further information on each type of abuse can be found on the Lambeth Safeguarding Adults Board website.

Who may be considered an adult at risk?

An adult at risk of abuse or neglect is someone who has care and support needs and is therefore unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of, abuse or neglect.

Adult abuse or neglect is not acceptable. If you or someone you know is at risk of being abused or neglected, or experiencing abuse or neglect, tell someone.

Don't ignore it. Don't assume that someone else is doing something about the situation. Please report your concern.

Who can report a concern? 

A safeguarding concern can be reported by anyone; a person experiencing the alleged abuse; a person's family, friends or carers; members of the general public or health and social care staff.

How do I report a concern?

In an emergency you should always call the Police on 999. Alternatively if it is not an emergency you can call Police on 101.

If you think an adult is at risk of being neglected, abused or someone is neglecting or abusing you, please contact Lambeth Adult Social Care

Do it online

Please use the Safeguarding Adults Online Form 

Do it by phone

Tel: 020 7926 5555
(9am to 5pm. Monday to Friday)

Outside office hours (This includes public holidays)
Tel: 020 7926 5555

Do it by email

Send your concerns to:
or (secure email address)

Report elsewhere

If you would prefer to contact someone other than Lambeth Council, there are charities that can offer advice and support:


Safeguarding duties include the Prevent strategy, which aims to protect vulnerable individuals from being groomed into terrorist activity or supporting terrorism. 

To report illegal or harmful information, pictures or videos you've found on the internet about terrorism or extremism click here.

Further information​​

Safeguarding - a guide for Lambeth staff 

 Royal College of Nursing Modern Slavery Pocket Guide 2017.pdf
Click on the below website links to find out more: 

Lambeth Safeguarding Adults Board

NHS England


Social Care Institute for Excellence

Action on Elder Abuse