Lambeth Locums Group

The Lambeth Locums Group was set up in 2003 and is a well established network of sessional GPs working in Lambeth. The network has about 80 members, including former GP partners, new arrivals in Lambeth and recently qualified GPs. The group has a strong focus on education, locum-related concerns and general issues. It meets six or seven times a year for CPD (speakers, SEAs, self-directed learning) and peer support, networking, and information sharing.

To join the Lambeth Locum Group contact Christine Landreth at​​​.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to start working as a locum in Lambeth?

You will need to send your CV and a covering letter to the practice manager. It may help to discuss the availability of sessions with the practice manager beforehand. A list of Lambeth GP practices can be found here .

How do I join the NHS Lambeth CCG mailing list?

To receive the GP bulletin with details of important updates, training and events (but not locum vacancies) send an email to

Do I need to switch to the Lambeth Performers List?

No. Since 2007 you can apply to be on the Performers List where you live and do not have to switch if you move home or change your area of work.

How do I get a SMART card?

SMART cards are managed by NHS South East Commissioning Support Unit. Contact

Where can I find information on prescribing?

See the medicines optimisation page of the website.

Prescribing good practice

  • Ensure your EMIS Web profile allows you access to ScriptSwitch (prescribing decision support tool) – ask your Practice Manager/Practice IT manager to organise this for you
  • Ensure that your Prescribing Lead and Practice Manager share any relevant emails/updates provided by the Medicines Optimisation Team
  • Ask your Prescribing Lead or Practice Manager which CCG Pharmacist supports the practice in case you have any Medicines Optimisation queries.

What mandatory training am I required to have to work in Lambeth?

To complete mandatory CPR and basic life support training speak to the practice manager and safeguarding lead within the practice, or contact SELDOC who organise regular training sessions. 

For revalidation, GPs need to have completed 6 hours of level 3 safeguarding children and vulnerable adults training within the past 3 years, or a minimum or 2 hours per year over the past 3 years. To book safeguarding training contact Shirazul Islam by emailing  More information about safeguarding children is available here

How and where can I access educational events in Lambeth?

Training and educational events are advertised in the Lambeth GP bulletin which is circulated fortnightly. Past editions of the bulletin are available on the practice portal. To subscribe to the GP bulletin send an email to

How do I access library support/resources and an Athens account?

You can open an Athens account by visiting the NICE website:

Do I need to inform my defence union before I start working as a locum in Lambeth?

Your defence union should be informed if you are planning to work locum sessions in any capacity. Check with SELDOC whether you are covered before completing any out of hours work.

Who do I contact about appraisals?

Find out more about appraisals and read specific advice for locum GPs on the NHS England website. Janet Fitton ( is the coordinator for appraisals and revalidation in south London. 

Can I do out of hours or SELDOC work?

To find out about working for South East London Doctors on Call (SELDOC) contact Yvonne Moseley, Operational Support by email or call 020 8299 2619. Induction training must be completed.

How do I find out what is happening at the CCG?

Keep up to date by reading the latest news stories, following the CCG on Twitter and subscribing to the GP bulletin.

What local representation do I have?

Locums are represented at the Lambeth Local Medical Committee (LMC) meetings which are held bi-monthly. Dr Miriam Ish-Horowicz is the locum member and can be contacted on .

Where do I obtain information and forms for pensions?

You can download pension forms A and B from the NHS Business Services Authority website (make sure you complete the correct year). For more information contact NHS Pensions.