The practice portal will be taken down over the next few months following the launch of the combined practice and staff intranet.
For up to date information please register for the intranet. Details are available to practice staff via the GP bulletin.
Urgent Care is defined as patients who require prompt attention but not life threatening, as opposed to emergency care which is needed for life-threatening injuries and conditions.
We recommend everyone living and working in Lambeth downloads our free app, Health Help Now, to their phone or saves the desktop site - www.healthhelpnow-nhs.net
- to their favourites. Health Help Now helps people of all ages choose from a list of common symptoms and find appropriate treatment and advice. It also shows opening times and directions to a range of local services and helplines.
Our urgent care focus aims to enable patients in Lambeth to manage their health better - to be seen by the right clinician at the right time. This includes the appropriate use of secondary care, maximising primary care access and managing patients in the most clinically appropriate cost-effective setting for their urgent care needs.
Key areas of urgent care work within Lambeth include:
- Education and self-management for patients who have an urgent primary care conditions
- Working with GP practices in Lambeth to ensure there is appropriate access for patients who have an urgent primary care need
- Commissioning suitable alternative services that can deal with urgent primary care conditions; this includes the GP Diversion Scheme and the Patient Experience Officer based at St Thomas’ Hospital Emergency Department (ED)
- Developing specific pathways within the Urgent Care Centre (UCC) and Emergency Department (ED) at St Thomas’ Hospital for children attending the ED or adults under the influence of alcohol
If you would like to talk about or need information relating to urgent care in Lambeth please contact:
Najeeb Noorah, Service Redesign Manager – Urgent Care, firstname.lastname@example.org
South East London Doctors Co-operative (SELDOC)
For urgent medical care out of GP opening hours. Telephone 020 8693 9066
Gracefield Gardens Walk-in Centre Streatham, SW16 2ST
Treats minor illness for conditions that cannot wait until the next GP appointment. Open Monday-Friday 11am to 8pm, Weekends and Bank Holidays 8am-8pm. Telephone 020 3049 4040
Guys and St Thomas’ Emergency Department St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7EH Telephone 020 7188 7188
NHS 111 is available to people if they urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.
People can call 111 if they:
- need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency.
- think they need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
- don't know who to call or don't have a GP to call
For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, patients should continue to call 999.
Extra GP and Nurse Appointments available in Lambeth
Lambeth patients now have access to extra GP and nurse appointments available in four locations across Lambeth during the daytime, evening and at weekends. Surgeries can now book patients into any of the four locations offering extra appointments.