Stay Well This Easter
April 14 – 17
Residents in Lambeth are reminded about the range of health services available on Good Friday the 14th April and Easter Monday the 17th April as many GP practices will be closed.
Local NHS advice is to stock up on medicines and other basic essentials in anticipation of the Easter holiday. We all know how important it is that our busy A&E departments do not become the first port of call for non-urgent treatment during times of reduced GP opening hours.
Pharmacies represent a convenient opportunity for people to see a qualified health professional locally and without an appointment, particularly if seeking advice on common illnesses such as coughs or colds. Find out pharmacy opening times in Lambeth over Easter by clicking here.
Dr Adrian McLachlan, Chair of, NHS Lambeth Clinical Commissioning Group, said:
"Nobody wants to spend their Easter break worrying about becoming unwell. That's why with a small amount of forward planning you can be prepared in case of unexpected illness."
"Additionally, even though we are beginning to see warmer weather we cannot afford to become complacent and must do everything we can to alleviate the pressure on the NHS, particularly our emergency services. Every minor ailment treated in the home is one more space for an emergency seen to in A&E."
"In Lambeth, our GP Access Hubs are existing GP practices that offer extra appointments to patients from across the borough. We have created around 1,500 extra appointments every week in Lambeth and they are open over the Easter long weekend."
Lambeth GP Access Hubs Easter opening times: You can also find out more information by clicking here
| ||Gracefield Gardens||South Lambeth Rd||Herne Hill Group* ||Oval *|
|Good Friday||Open 8am – 8pm||Open 8am – 8pm||Open 8am – 8pm|| |
|Saturday ||Open 8am – 8pm||Open 8am – 8pm||Open as normal (as per rota) - Oval|||
|Easter Sunday||Open 8am – 8pm||Closed||Open as normal (as per rota) - Oval|||
|Bank Hol Monday||Open as normal||Open as normal||Closed|||
|Tuesday||Open as normal||Open as normal||Open 12-4pm ||Open 4pm-8pm|
* The Herne Hill and Oval Hub opening times are shared between the two locations with one or the other being open at any given time. They open either 12-4 or 4-8 on weekdays and alternate weekends.
- Stock up your medicine cabinet, so that you have self-help medicines such as a first aid kit, paracetamol and a thermometer.
- If you have a regular prescription, make sure you have enough to last you until your GP practice opens again. Talk to your doctor or nurse about whether you can get extra quantities to last you over the break.
- If you need help when your GP practice is closed, and it's not a 999 emergency, you can call NHS 111. This service is available 24 hours a day 365 days of the year.
- If your condition is serious or a life threatening emergency, always dial 999 immediately or go to your nearest A&E department. If your situation is not an emergency, NHS 111 can advise where to get help, and usually are faster than in A&E.
Visit the NHS Choices website or NHS 111 for further information.