We're looking for a new Governing Body Lay Member with a specific focus on audit, conflicts of interest, governance and financial management.
The role will be to bring specific expertise and experience to the work of the Governing Body. The focus will be strategic and impartial, providing an external view of the work of the CCG that is removed from the day-to-day running of the organisation. You will oversee key elements of governance including audit, remuneration and leading conflicts of interest. You will need to be able to Chair the audit committee, audit panel and will be also take the role of Vice Chair of the Governing Body.
The time commitment is approximately 3-4 days per month - the vast majority of meetings are held during the day on Wednesday, however, it may include other days and some possible evening engagements. Remuneration for this post will be £13,136 and the tenure is for three years. Governing Body Lay Members are also eligible to claim allowances for travel and subsistence costs incurred necessarily on CCG business.
- Qualified and commercially aware Accountant with relevant financial and audit committee experience.
- It is desirable that you live in Lambeth or have strong connections with the borough. We welcome applications from those living in the surrounding areas with the relevant experience.
- Understand the difference between governance and management.
- Able to lead and give advice on conflicts of interest processes.
- Understanding of health and social care and an appreciation of the broad social, political and economic trends influencing them.
- Uphold the standards of conduct set out in The Nolan Principles of Public Life.
Applying for the role:
Candidates who feel they meet the criteria are invited to apply having first registered their CV with First Flight Non-Executive Directors www.firstflightnonexec.com/candidates/register-cv and then by using the "Apply for Role" tab for role Number 1053 and completing the application form.
Applications for this role will close on: Friday, 18 May 2018
We're also looking for three Governing Body clinical members. You can find out more about these roles on our intranet which is available to all Governing Body members, practice staff and CCG staff in Lambeth. These close on Tuesday 8 May.