We primarily fund training with the following providers:
Sometimes, courses from other providers may also be funded.
How to apply
I. Look at the training spreadsheet below which lists all available courses, locations, dates etc
2. Once you have chosen a course, complete the funding request form and email to lead nurse team
3. If funding agreed, you will be informed via email and you can then apply using the link on the spreadsheet. When applying please copy the Nurse Leads in email correspondence.
We meet to consider funding requests every 6 weeks and try to ensure equity of funding across the borough.
Lead nurse meeting dates 2018
- January 10th
- February 22nd
- April 4th
- May 17th
- June 27th
- September 5th
- November 29th
|Imms and anaphylaxis||Annual||Nurse Leads organise|
|Flu|| Annual||Nurse Leads organise|
PHE screening for 3 yearly update
Cervical sample taker update training: e-learning launch
|Basic life support|| Annual||In your practice|
|Child protection||Three yearly||CCG website|
|Smoking cessation|| Annual||CCG website|
|Adult safeguarding|| Three yearly||CCG website|
|Infection control|| Three yearly||CCG website|
|Mentoring|| Annual||Via GSTT - Annie facilitates|
Lambeth has a number of nurse and pharmacist prescribers. If you wish to become a prescriber then we fund a few places a year at either KCL or LSBU.
We offer prescribing supervision as good practice 4 times a year. All NMPs are invited to attend and we discuss prescribing issues and guidelines together.
We offer an annual prescribing update. This is organised by Paula Marsden.
Dates for 2017:
- Tuesday 20 June Prescribing supervision Binfield Road Surgery 1-3pm
- Thursday 21 September Annual Non medical prescribing update Akerman Health Centre all day
We have a few NPs in Lambeth. You can apply to train either at KCL or LSBU. For the past 2 years we have received funding for masters level training from Health Education England
We offer NP study days once a year – requests for topics to be covered can be sent to Paula Marsden.
Dates for 2017
- Wednesday 15 November Annual Nurse Practitioner Update Akerman Health Centre all day - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/nurse-practitioner-annual-update-tickets-37011016948
Mental Health Training
We have offered this 2 half day training in Lambeth over the last 4 years. It has proved to be very popular. It is suitable for all level of nurses and HCAs. (Course content is adapted to suit). Past attendees have found it invaluable when looking after the physical health of clients with mental health problems.
The sessions are run by a very experienced RMN.
- Mental health awareness
- Assessing mental health state
- Medication side effect observation and management
- Administering depot medication
- Physical health in mental health
- Discharge process and mental health care pathways
Dates for 2017
- Day 1: Thursday 25 May Akerman 12.30-4pm
- Day 2: Tuesday 6 June Akerman 12.30-4pm
Immunisation Training and Resources
NHS Lambeth CCG in partnership with NHS Southwark CCG holds immunisation updates twice a year. These sessions include anaphylaxis. An annual flu launch is also held in September each year.
- Imms update will be held on Thursday 12th October 9.30-12.30 - venue to be confirmed. Eventbrite to follow
All nurses must have a Cervical Smear Takers number. Please register at http://loncstd.england.nhs.uk/ to obtain your number. Please adhere to guidelines below on sample handling: labelling, time to lab and expired LBC pots. Please check Open Exeter to avoid out of programme smears
Lambeth CCG will support cytology training at one of the universities that we place money with. However there are other training centres available although these may have to be self-funded.
Cervical Sample Training Providers v2.pdf